A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Press Corp Right Biased and Questionable based on the use of poor sources, the publication of misinformation, and a complete lack of transparency.
Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Misinformation, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2015, Press Corp is a conservative website that purports to conduct “real investigative journalism.” According to their about statement, “America’s Founding Fathers understood that a free press was required to prevent the government from abusing its power. We aim to continue the tradition of the fourth and fifth estates, in order to responsibly hand it over to the next generation of Americans.”
The website completely lacks transparency as there aren’t names associated with the website.
Funded by / Ownership
Political Media, Inc. owns Press Corp, a web development company based in Virginia. Advertising and sponsored content generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Press Corp claims to conduct investigative reporting; however, we could not easily find this. Perhaps they did long ago, but they simply republish summaries of news from other sources. These sources are always from the right and most often factually mixed or worse. For example, they republish articles from the factually mixed Daily Wire, Daily Caller, and The Blaze and articles from Questionable sources such as Breitbart and Epoch Times.
As of this review, they are republishing election fraud conspiracies such as this SHARPIES WERE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT ARIZONA’S LARGEST COUNTY OFFICIALS SAY. This story has been cited as misinformation because Sharpies are allowed to be used to fill out ballots in Arizona. In general, Press Corp republishes news articles from unreliable sources.
Failed Fact Checks
- They have not been fact-checked as they do not publish original content.
Overall, we rate Press Corp Right Biased and Questionable based on the use of poor sources, the publication of misinformation, and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 11/14/2020) Updated (04/28/2022)
Last Updated on April 28, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am