These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate DC Statesman Borderline extreme right biased and Mixed for factual reporting due to using poor sources.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2016, The DC Statesman is a news and opinion website with a very strong right-wing bias. This website also completely lacks transparency.
Funded by / Ownership
The DC Statesman does not disclose ownership but may be owned by Mustard Seed Interactive. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, They consistently utilize loaded headlines and do not always source their information to other credible sources. For example, they quote a known purveyor of fake news, Mike Cernovich for articles such as this: http://www.dcstatesman.com/report-susan-rice-ordered-unmasking-trump-officials/. In other articles they promote President Trump such as this President Trump Touts His 22-0 Record. In general, it appears this source has not published in 6 months and might be pronounced dead, but we will keep it active for another year incase they come back.
Failed Fact Checks
- Never Checked
Overall, we rate DC Statesman Borderline extreme Right Biased and Mixed for factual reporting due to using poor sources. (12/15/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 2/2/2018)
Last Updated on November 18, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm