These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate the Political Tribune far-Left Biased based on story selection and wording that always favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to heavy spin of information that changes the context of stories and two failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in July 2018, the Political Tribune, formerly the DC Tribune, is a news and opinion website with a significant left-leaning bias. According to their about page “The Political Tribune is a news source focused on high-quality reporting, analysis, opinion, and truth. We bring you up-to-the-minute news on politics and occasionally a look back at past events when they fit the context of today.” Sheila Gouldman is the Editor-In-Chief Of Political Tribune.
In October 2019, they changed their name to the Political Tribune with the dctribune.org redirecting to politicaltribune.org. All content from DC Tribune is not found at the Political Tribune.
Funded by / Ownership
The Political Tribune does not disclose ownership and the website is funded through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Political Tribune exhibits overt left-wing bias through the extensive use of strong emotional wording. For example, Trump Sends The Most Ridiculous Message To His Supporters After Bomb Attack, Proves He’s Insane and Trump Responds To Deadly Mass Shooting At Synagogue In Most Disgusting Way, Americans Horrified. Although both of these stories are properly sourced to credible information, there is a significant spin employed through loaded language that denigrates the right.
In general, all stories on Political Tribune favor the left and denigrates the right, in particular President Trump.
Failed Fact Checks
- U.S. President Donald Trump hired “fake nurses” to pose with him during his visit to Miami Valley Hospital following the August 2019 Dayton, Ohio, mass shooting. – FALSE
- The Trump family took seats reserved for guests with disabilities at the 74th session of the U.N. General Assembly. – FALSE
Overall, we rate the Political Tribune far-Left Biased based on story selection and wording that always favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to heavy spin of information that changes the context of stories and two failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 10/27/2018) Updated (07/08/2020)
Last Updated on March 20, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am