A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate DC Blue Dot Questionable based on extreme left wing bias that 100% favors the left, promotion of propaganda/conspiracies and a complete lack of transparency.
Reasoning: Extreme Left Bias, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in late 2018, DC Blue Dot is a strongly left leaning news and opinion website. According to their vague about page “DCBluedot.com was launched to fill a rather large void online with political media publications, specifically in the progressive news space. We desire to be a place where you can find news that is relevant to your progressive ideals.” DC Blue Dot publishes news from a variety of authors, but none have a bio or credentials listed.
Read our profile on USA government influence on media.
Funded by / Ownership
DC Blue Dot does not disclose ownership and their contact page does not offer an address or name. DC Blue Dot is funded through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, DC Blue Dot is a hyper-partisan website that always favors the left through story selection and wording such as this: Trump gets greeted with a scathing billboard near his house. This sensational story is sourced to the factually mixed Daily Kos. In another loaded story “Trump is melting down so hard that it sounds like he thinks he’s toast.“, there is proper sourcing to the Atlantic, but the wording within the article strays from reality, not necessarily in a factual sense, but clearly in an overtly sensational sense that is only derived from biased speculation: “If you don’t believe that fear is real, just take a look at how sweaty he was when he went on a profane tirade while speaking of Mueller.” This type of statement is a conspiracy.
A factual search reveals that DC Blue Dot has failed a few fact checks.
Overall, we rate DC Blue Dot Questionable based on extreme left wing bias that 100% favors the left, promotion of propaganda/conspiracies and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 3/12/2019)
Last Updated on March 21, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm