These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using an appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.
- Overall, we rate The International Press Institute Least Biased based on the promotion of press freedom. We also rate them Very-High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The International Press Institute (IPI) is a global organization dedicated to promoting and protecting press freedom and the improvement of journalism practices. Founded in October 1950, the IPI has members in over 120 countries.
The IPI is a member of the International Freedom of Expression Exchange, a global network of non-governmental organizations that monitors press freedom and free expression violations worldwide.
According to their about page, “IPI members work cooperatively to shape the debate on policies affecting the media and to push back against those seeking to restrict the free flow of news and information in order to protect political, economic, or other interests. Equally important, IPI membership offers solidarity in the face of oppression.”
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
In review, The International Press Institute reports on reporters’ ability to report the news freely and without threat. For example, they rate countries such as the USA through news stories such as this Media freedom in the US under threat. They also investigate freedom with topical information such as the Coronavirus outbreak like this COVID-19: Number of Media Freedom Violations by Region. This story mainly looks at the suppression of truthful media reporting regarding Covid-19.
In General, IPI supports journalists and seeks to protect them from danger in the field.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The International Press Institute Least Biased based on the promotion of press freedom. We also rate them Very-High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 9/6/2016) Updated (04/30/2021)
Last Updated on April 30, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm