These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources.
- Overall, we rate D Magazine a left-leaning Least Biased source based on a minimal left-leaning editorial bias. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1974, D Magazine is an alternative City Magazine serving Dallas, Texas. The monthly magazine and website cover politics, fashion, entertainment, business, and lifestyle for the Dallas Metro area.
Funded by / Ownership
D Magazine Partners Inc owns and publishes the magazine and website. Advertising, sponsored content, and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
D Magazine provides news and opinion content for the Dallas, Texas metro region, covering politics, entertainment, fashion, business news, and lifestyle. Local news reporting does not use loaded emotional language such as this What It Will Take To Bring the Longhorn Ballroom Back To Life. D Magazine properly sources from reliable sources such as Texas Monthly and the Dallas Morning News.
Editorially, they provide a balance in story selection, with some favoring the left, such as this Donald Trump’s Worst Nightmare. Op-eds tend to slightly favor the left, such as this DMN Editorial Board Twists Itself in Knots Over Masks in Schools. A quote from this piece reads, “We applaud him for doing everything in his power to keep our kids and community safe. As for Abbott (Conservative Governor), he can pound sand.” They do offer right-leaning viewpoints but slightly more favor the left. In general, they report factual news and fall in the left-leaning Least Biased category.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the last 5 years.
Overall, we rate D Magazine a left-leaning Least Biased source based on a minimal left-leaning editorial bias. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 10/18/2021)
Last Updated on January 14, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am