These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Bustle Left-Center biased based on story selection that moderately favors the left and Mostly Factual in reporting due to proper sourcing of information and one failed fact check.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Bustle is an online US women’s magazine founded in August 2013 by Bryan Goldberg that covers fashion, entertainment, politics, and news. The editor-in-chief is Emma Rosenblum.
Funded by / Ownership
Bustle is held by the Bustle Digital Group, owned by Bryan Goldberg. Their about page says, “Bustle Digital Group is the largest premium publisher reaching millennial women. Every month, nearly 80 million readers turn to Bustle Digital Group publications — Romper, Elite Daily, and The Zoe Report — for impactful conversation around the interests and issues engaging women today.”
According to the Wall Street Journal, Bustle has received funding of 50.5 million dollars from a variety of companies. Advertising, sponsored content and product links generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Bustle publishes original and aggregated content. All articles on Bustle are properly sourced with some stories containing minimally loaded language, such as this Trump Opposes The Equality Act To Protect Against LGBTQ Discrimination, A New Report Says. As mentioned, this story is also very well sourced to credible media outlets.
In another story, there is the moderate use of emotional language This Study On Undocumented Immigrants & Crime Debunks One Of Trump’s Dangerous Claims. Editorially, Bustle mostly favors the left through story selection and endorsement of political policies such as abortion rights and environmentalism.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate Bustle Left-Center biased based on story selection that moderately favors the left and Mostly Factual in reporting due to proper sourcing of information and one failed fact check. (D. Van Zandt 12/9/2016) Updated (05/06/2022)
Last Updated on May 6, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am