These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Texas Monthly Left-Center biased based on story selection and editorial positions that moderately align with the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1973, Texas Monthly is a monthly American magazine headquartered in Downtown Austin, Texas. Texas Monthly chronicles life in contemporary Texas, writing on politics, the environment, industry, and education. The magazine also covers leisure topics such as music, art, dining, and travel.
Funded by / Ownership
Texas Monthly LLC owns and publishes the magazine and website, an affiliate of oil and gas company Enterprise Products Company. Advertising and subscriptions fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Texas Monthly publishes very well-written long reading articles as well as political news, events, and lifestyle for the Austin Metro area. Articles and headlines utilize moderately loaded emotional wording that favors the left, such as this Critical Race Fury: The School Board Wars Are Getting Nasty in Texas. This long-form piece uses proper sourcing to credible outlets such as Edweek and the Washington Post. The majority of stories cover food, fashion, restaurants, and entertainment in Austin.
Texas Monthly also reports on politics, often presenting a Left-leaning perspective like Greg Abbott and Ron DeSantis Are Competing to Be Trump. Who’s Winning? The content of this article is critical and negative of those who support Trump with a quote that reads, “In the Trump era, pissing off the other side matters more than achieving policy objectives. Accordingly, both Abbott and DeSantis have dug their heels in deep on the culture war issues of the day: “stopping the steal,” abortion, critical race theory, and making life harder for transgender kids.”
In general, the news is well-sourced, factual, and holds a moderate left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Texas Monthly Left-Center biased based on story selection and editorial positions that moderately align with the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 3/4/2018) Updated (10/18/2021)
Last Updated on October 18, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm