A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Left Action Questionable based on Extreme Left wing bias, poor sourcing and a complete lack of transparency.
Reasoning: Extreme Left, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Left Action is a network that proclaims over 1,000,000 activists committed to making a difference and fighting for progressive causes. According to their about page: “Left Action is a network encompassing a range of sites and Facebook pages, powered by millions of progressives. The flagship web site is at http://LeftAction.com, and the main Facebook page is at http://Facebook.com/LeftAction.”
Funded by / Ownership
The Left Action Website does not disclose ownership or any names in their contact form. There does not appear to be a source of revenue for this website/organization.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Left Action sporadically provides news that often targets President Donald Trump such as this: “Trump Sucks” FB page tops 800,000 fans. This entire story appears to be the headline. This emotionally loaded headline links to a Facebook poll, which obviously is not credible: Poll: Which is smarter, Trump supporters or a rock. In general, this source does not provide credible information and its purpose is unknown.
Overall, we rate Left Action Questionable based on Extreme Left-wing bias, poor sourcing, and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 5/13/2016) Updated (11/22/2019)
Last Updated on May 27, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am