These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate America First Action SuperPAC Right Biased based on political affiliation with Donald Trump and the Republican party. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sourcing and publication of news stories in questionable sources.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in April 2017, America First Action SuperPAC is affiliated with the (501c) nonprofit organization America First Policies. In other words, America First Action’s SuperPAC nonprofit advocacy arm is America First Policies. America First Policies was founded by Brad Parscale, Rick Gates, Nick Ayers, and Marty Obst. David Bossie and Katrina Pierson later joined the group. According to the Associated Press, their main goals are to repeal and replace President Obama’s health care law and change immigration policies. Both groups are Pro-Trump, and America First Policies is allied with America First Action. Their primary objective is electing federal candidates who support the agenda of the Trump administration.
Funded by / Ownership
Former Web Designer Brad Parscale is Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign manager and is one of the founders of America First Action SuperPAC. Doug Deason and Roy Bailey, a partner at Giuliani Partners LLC, run the finances of the two groups. Donald Trump Jr.’s girlfriend and former Fox News Host Kimberly Guilfoyle is the chairwoman, and Sean Spicer is the spokesman and senior adviser for America First Action. Former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski is also a senior adviser to America First Policies. Republican mega-donor T. Boone Pickens hosted a fundraiser for America First Action SuperPAC. According to Politico, two anonymous donors contributed “$4.5 million and $5 million; each gave close to half of America First Policies’ funding”. In 2017-2018 the super PAC collected $39 million. Here are the contributors for 2018, and here are the details of their expenditure.
Analysis / Bias
Director of advocacy for America First Policies Carl Higbie is known for making racist, sexist, anti-Muslim, and anti-gay remarks. CNN published audio clips taken from the Internet talk radio program “Sound of Freedom,” and he has also pushed the birther conspiracy about Barack Obama on the radio.
According to the Brennan Center For Justice, America First Policies has spent millions of dollars to promote President Trump’s SCOTUS nominees such as Kavanaugh and many other conservatives.
The website publishes right-leaning news stories written by America First Action staff. Many stories are published in credible media outlets such as The Hill and Real Clear Politics. The articles that appear in other media outlets are properly sourced, whereas those posted on the a1apac website are not sourced. Some news articles use emotionally loaded headlines such as this: TV Ads Expose Radical West Virginia Leftist Richard Ojeda For Opposition To Trump. This article was also published in the Questionable Breitbart, which has failed numerous fact checks.
Their senior adviser Sheriff David Clark has made a pants on fire claim. In March 2019, David Clark was fired from Fox News and America Action First due to “rhetoric that became crazier and crazier.” Further, the director has also promoted the Obama Birther conspiracy, which has been thoroughly debunked.
Failed Fact Checks
- Political ad saying Biden wants to defund the police – False
- Joe Biden wants to eliminate fracking. Over 600,000 Pennsylvanians’ jobs gone. Billions in wages, lost – False
- Joe Biden will abolish fossil fuels – False
- “China has been stealing our manufacturing, costing Wisconsin almost 90,000 jobs.” – Mostly False
Overall, we rate America First Action SuperPAC Right Biased based on political affiliation with Donald Trump and the Republican party. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sourcing and publication of news stories from questionable sources. (M. Huitsing 4/20/2019) Updated (02/06/2022)
Last Updated on February 6, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am