These sources consist of legitimate science. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer reviewed science. See all Pro-Science sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: According to The Genetic Literacy Project (GLP) they “explore the intersection of DNA research and real world applications of genetics with the media and policy worlds in order to disentangle science from ideology.” The GLP has been accused of accepting funding from corporations that are involved in the agriculture genetics business due to their acceptance of the consensus of science as it relates to GMO’s. On the GLP website they offer a full disclosure of their funding which indicates they do not receive funding from Pro-GMO companies such as Monsanto.
Latest from the Genetic Literacy Project
- Super pigs: CRISPR gene-edited virus-resistant pigs could cut piglet deaths, pork prices February 24, 2017 1:00 pm
- Widely-held belief that food production must double by 2050 to feed growing population ‘not supported by data’ February 24, 2017 1:00 pm
- Bayer takeover of Monsanto delayed as US, European regulators seek more information on deal February 24, 2017 1:00 pm
- Whole Foods, Patagonia, Clif Bar school lunch program promotes misconceptions about pesticides, seed saving February 24, 2017 1:00 pm
- European Union ‘dragging its feet’ on gene-edited crop regulations February 24, 2017 1:00 pm
- US corn farmers switching to more-profitable soybeans to meet rising demand in China February 24, 2017 1:00 pm
- Did Google do the right thing in blocking Natural News from searches? February 23, 2017 3:35 pm
- Why eating soy protects some of us but not others from heart disease February 23, 2017 1:00 pm
- Rice plants could be genetically tweaked to tame arsenic found in soil, reducing risk for humans February 23, 2017 1:00 pm
- Trump’s threatened ‘trade war’ with Mexico could undermine US GMO corn market February 23, 2017 1:00 pm