These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Idaho Statesman Least Biased due to a mostly balanced editorial page and High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 1864, the Idaho Statesman is the largest circulating print newspaper in Idaho.
Funded by / Ownership
The paper is owned by The Mcclatchy Company and funded through a subscription and advertising model.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Idaho Statesman covers local news with journalists and reporters throughout the Boise and greater Idaho region. For national news they use the McClatchy News Service, which we rate as least biased. All news is reported with minimal loaded words and bias. The Idaho Statesman always sources their information properly. Editorially, there is a balance between right and left leaning opinions with just a slight edge to the left. The Idaho Statesman typically endorses Democratic candidates.
A factual search reveals they have never failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Idaho Statesman Least Biased due to a mostly balanced editorial page and High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing. (D. Van Zandt 5/5/2018) Updated (11/8/2018)
Last Updated on April 19, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am