Questionable Reasoning: Conspiracy, Fake News, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: LIMITED FREEDOM
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2017 with a domain registered in Cameroon, 24jours.com (24 Days in English) is a website that repeatedly publishes false or misleading information. The website completely lacks transparency as they do not have an about page or disclose ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
24jours.com completely lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
24jours.com primarily covers news from French-speaking African countries. Articles come from credible sources such as France 24, but others come from Questionable sources such RT News and Press TV, which routinely promote false information. Other stories such as this Panjshir resistance hands over bodies of Taliban fighters killed in clashes do not provide a source link.
The website does not typically produce opinion pieces, but they often promote false or misleading information. See failed fact checks below.
Failed Fact Checks
- Is FIFA looking to annul the French victory over the Belgian Red Devils in the semi-finals of the world cup in Russia? – False
- Did a man named Robertson have his brain replaced with his wife’s, and was that the way in which he found out about her 27 lovers? – False
- No, Maduro hasn’t called on France to open its borders to Africans – False
- Did French troops intervene during the short-lived coup attempt in Gabon today, capturing the military officers responsible? – False
- Did an African migrant from Senegal seek revenge on his boss in Paris, France by impregnating the wife and three daughters of the man before taking flight? – False
Overall, we rate 24jours.com a Questionable source based on the promotion of conspiracy theories, fake news, poor sources, and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 11/10/2021) Updated (02/02/2022)
Last Updated on May 6, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check
Do you appreciate our work? Please consider one of the following ways to sustain us.