These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate France24 on the left side of Least Biased based on story selection that minimally favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: France (34/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2006, France 24 is a 24-hour non-stop international news and current affairs television channel and website based in Paris and broadcasts in French, English, and Arabic. The stated mission of the three channels is to “provide global public service and a common editorial stance.”
Funded by / Ownership
France 24 is owned by France Médias Monde, a state-owned French holding company that supervises and coordinates the activities of the major public media organizations broadcasting or publishing internationally from France. Besides government funding, they also generate revenue through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the site covers global and national news mostly through their television programming. News is often published with minimal bias in wording: Yemen govt strikes power-sharing deal with southern separatists. This story is properly sourced to the Associated Press and AFP. French news is also minimally biased: Is the French tuition fees ruling a victory for foreign students? For the most part, France 24 does not interject opinions into stories and sticks to the facts. In fact, they do not have an op-ed page. Story selection very slightly favors the left, such as this: UK PM Johnson sends conflicting messages to EU on Brexit delay request. In general, France24 is a low-biased straightforward news reporting agency that is factual and sourced.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate France24 on the left side of Least Biased based on story selection that minimally favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 7/27/2016) Updated (08/18/2021)
Last Updated on August 18, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am