Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Poor Sourcing, Rejection of Science, Lack of Transparency, Some Fake News.
Bias Rating: FAR RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
World Tribune is an American news outlet that focuses on international news and geopolitics. According to their about page, “World Tribune.com is an online international newspaper that publishes daily (Sunday-Friday). The focus is geopolitics and the political-cultural war of ideas. The mission is to provide leadership-minded readers everywhere with need-to-know reports missed by “mainstream” corporate media.” They further state that their content partners are the following, all of which we rate either right biased or questionable:
- The Washington Times
- Hoover Institution
- Hudson Institute
The current editor is Robert Morton.
Funded by / Ownership
World Tribune claims ownership is East West Services, Inc.; however, the closest we can find is a building service in San Jose, California. We also found a LinkedIn account that may be closer to the truth. Revenue appears to be derived from advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, World Tribune publishes news stories with emotionally loaded words that favor the right such as this: Unreported: ‘Christianophobic’ attacks on the rise in France and Germany. This story provides zero links to support their report. In another story: How Soros-funded out-of-state networks orchestrate state-level legislation, there is again zero linking or evidence to support their claims. Let’s go deeper and look at the science. When it comes to climate change, this source does not support the consensus of science at all. In general, the World Tribune publishes many true stories; however, occasionally, they publish outright fake news.
Overall, we rate World Tribune a Questionable source based on a far-right bias (propaganda), and poor sourcing, and misleading science, as well as a lack of ownership transparency. (D. Van Zandt 4/29/2017) Updated (01/31/2021)
Last Updated on May 5, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black Main Streetby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/24/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WCAXby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/23/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 23, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Science.Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 23, 2022 at 8:00 am