Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information; therefore, fact-checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate NutritionFacts.org a moderate Pseudoscience source due to exaggerated health claims.
Bias Rating: PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
NutritionFacts.org is a website run by Dr. Michael Greger, the author of several books promoting strict veganism as a cure for many ailments.
Funded by / Ownership
The website appears to be owned by Dr. Michael Greger and is funded through donations.
Analysis / Bias
While eating a diet high in fruits and vegetables and low in red meats is scientifically beneficial, Dr. Greger takes it to a higher level promoting a 100% plant-based diet. According to the Science-Based Medicine website, Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org makes “zealot” like claims about the benefits of a vegan plant-based diet. In their article, Science-Based Medicine debunks one by one, many of Dr. Gregers claims. They also claim that NutritionFacts cherry-picks information that will always favor veganism. NutritionFacts.org does provide some valuable information, and indeed, a diet high in fruits and vegetables is preferred, but Dr. Greger’s claims are extreme.
Overall, we rate NutritionFacts.org a moderate Pseudoscience source due to exaggerated health claims. (D. Van Zandt 10/9/2017) Updated (10/30/2021)
Last Updated on October 30, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am