These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Notes: FactCheck.org is a nonprofit website that describes itself as a non-partisan “consumer advocate for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics”. It is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, and is funded primarily by the Annenberg Foundation. FactCheck.org has won four Webby Awards in the Politics category, in 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Factcheck.org provides well sourced unbiased fact checking. Quite simply Factcheck.org can be trusted to provide accurate fact checks with minimal bias. Factcheck.org is used by Media Bias Fact Check as a resource to check claims when reviewing sources. They are on our Top 10 Fact Checker list.
Latest from FactCheck
- Trump’s Private Lawyer Won’t Cost Taxpayers June 23, 2017 7:50 pm
- Video: Trump and Coal Jobs June 23, 2017 6:02 pm
- FactChecking Trump’s Iowa Rally June 23, 2017 12:12 am
- Pelosi’s Partisan Pick on Jobs Analysis June 22, 2017 5:28 pm
- Trump Official Wrong About Warming, Again June 21, 2017 9:51 pm
- A Bogus Kellyanne Conway Quote June 21, 2017 9:16 pm
- False Maxine Waters ‘Meetings’ Statistic June 20, 2017 10:05 pm
- Trump’s Lawyer Spins Russia Facts June 20, 2017 6:27 pm
- Trump Didn’t Bill the Obamas June 19, 2017 9:53 pm
- FactChecking Trump on Coal Jobs June 19, 2017 8:40 pm