These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate National Monitor Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that favor a more liberal perspective. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2012, National Monitor (NM) is an online news and opinion site managed and edited by Paul Kilmartin. As stated in their tagline, NM’s goal is to present “Opinions and analysis from all angles”. According to their about page, “National Monitor prides itself in producing great editorial content for our diverse readership from a wide range of conflicting opinions. Regardless of your political orientation, you’ll find something to agree with, or disagree with, on our pages.”
Funded by / Ownership
According to their contact page Jones Kilmartin Group, LLC owns National Monitor. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
National Monitor offers articles from the far left to the far right and everything in between. The articles from the staff writers on NM are consistently well-written, factual, and well-sourced. They also offer some refreshingly different views on subjects.
For example, in the article “Free College Tuition? Meh.” author Michael Patrick Lewis, a self-proclaimed liberal, offers an interesting and thought-provoking view / mild rebuttal of the free College for everyone idea popular among liberals and progressives.
*This updated review indicates that they have not published an article since 2020 and may be on the verge of retirement.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate National Monitor Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that favor a more liberal perspective. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and clean fact check record. (D. Kelley 7/14/2017) Updated (6/16/2021)
Last Updated on June 16, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am