These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: Al-Monitor is a media site launched in February 2012 by the Arab American entrepreneur Jamal Daniel and based in Washington, DC. Al-Monitor provides reporting and analysis from and about the Middle East through both original and translated content. Al Monitor is well sourced, credible and factual. Has a left of center bias politically.
Latest from Al Monitor
- Does Turkey plan to continue airstrikes in Iraq, Syria?
- Is Sufism answer to extremism in Egypt? April 28, 2017 9:01 am
- In shift, Saudis seek political solution for Yemen port
- Are the US, Russia staking out territorial clout in Syria?
- The story behind the end of Ahmadinejad’s bid for third term
- Much more than power at stake in Israel-Hamas electricity standoff April 28, 2017 9:56 am
- How Palestinian filmmakers are promoting their message in Egypt April 28, 2017 8:40 am
- 'Beauty and the Beast' romances Egypt despite controversial content April 27, 2017 8:17 am
- Could Israel’s Bennett become next leader of the right? April 28, 2017 8:28 am
- Anti-Palestinian caucus divides pro-Israel camp on Capitol Hill
- Conservative presidential candidate paints bleak picture of Iran
- Meet Palestine's new generation of diplomats April 27, 2017 8:24 am
- Can Turkey disprove IMF's dismal economic growth forecast?
- Does Iran's Khamenei really have a preferred candidate?
- How Iraqis view Iran’s influence in their country April 27, 2017 12:57 pm
- Egyptian government resists attempts to end torture
- Israel to launch major project to block Hamas tunnels April 27, 2017 7:54 am
- Why were Gaza’s poor denied monetary allowances? April 24, 2017 9:33 am
- Is Turkey trying to disrupt Raqqa operation?
- How confronting Germany bolsters Netanyahu’s status April 27, 2017 7:37 am
- Is Hamas-Fatah reconciliation finally on track? April 26, 2017 9:33 am
- White House still quiet on Turkish airstrike in run-up to Erdogan visit
- Trump's generals wonder: What comes after Raqqa?
- Sunnis fear spread of Shiite influence in Samarra
- Is lack of direction from Trump hampering Congress on Iran?