- Overall, we rate Kaiser Family Foundation Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately align with a liberal perspective. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to pro-science reporting, credible sourcing, and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), or Kaiser Family Foundation, is headquartered in Menlo Park, California. It focuses on major health care issues facing the nation and the U.S.’s role in global health policy. The Foundation states that it is a non-partisan source of facts and analysis, polling, and journalism for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the general public, and kff.org is known for having the “most up-to-date and accurate information on health policy.” Through Kaiser Health News, KFF’s editorially independent news service dedicated to coverage of health care policy and politics, the Foundation provides coverage of health policy issues and developments at the federal and state levels in the health care marketplace and health care delivery system.
Funded by / Ownership
The Kaiser Family Foundation is a non-profit organization whose President and CEO is Dr. Drew Altman. KFF is funded through donations and grants.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Kaiser Family Foundation uses minimally loaded words such as this: An Early Look at State Data for Medicaid Work Requirements in Arkansas, and they source to credible science, .org, and .gov sites.
Editorially, they moderately align with the left by promoting universal healthcare and a focus on health equity such as this A Year of Vaccine Inequity. Further, According to OpenSecrets, since 1992, KFF has donated 95% to Democratic candidates and causes. Kaiser is a reliable source for factual healthcare information but leans left in story selection and editorial direction.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years. They are frequently used as a source for fact-checkers.
Overall, we rate Kaiser Family Foundation Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately align with a liberal perspective. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to pro-science reporting, credible sourcing, and a clean fact check record. (2/2/2017) Updated (D. Van Zandt 12/23/2021)
Last Updated on December 23, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am