These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Astronomy Magazine a Pro-science source based on promoting the current consensus of science.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY-HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1973, Astronomy is a magazine about the science and hobby of astronomy. Based near Milwaukee in Waukesha, Wisconsin, it is produced by Kalmbach Publishing. Astronomy’s readers include those interested in astronomy and those who want to know about sky events, observing techniques, astrophotography, and amateur astronomy in general.
Funded by / Ownership
Kalmbach Publishing owns and operates Astronomy Magazine. Advertising and paid subscriptions generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The magazine features stories on astronomy news such as this 20 of the best places to view the 2024 Great North American Eclipse. The news and reporting on this site are not designed for hard scientists but rather enthusiasts who want to look at the stars. They also promote thought-provoking stories that do not need to be validated by science but rather pondered. In general, Astronomy is a pro-science magazine geared toward star-gazers rather than hard-scientists.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Astronomy Magazine a Pro-science source based on promoting the current consensus of science. (D. Van Zandt 7/12/2017) Updated (6/19/2021)
Last Updated on March 11, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am