These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate the Hill Reporter Left biased based on story selection and wording that routinely favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
According to Whois, the domain was purchased in May of 2018, and the website launched shortly thereafter. The Hill Reporter describes themselves as “Our mission is to deliver factually correct news stories. We report on breaking political stories that speak to the current political climate in the United States.”
The Hill Reporter was founded by three individuals, James Kosur, formerly an editor at Business Insider, and brothers Ed and Brian Krassenstein, members of the “#Resistance” to President Donald Trump.
The current managing editor is Brett D. Gilman.
Funded by / Ownership
The website is owned by Roman Romanuk through its company Prezna. Revenue is derived through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Hill Reporter rarely publishes original news reporting but rather reports on existing news stories through staff writers. Story selection is strongly left-leaning featuring moderately loaded emotional language such as this Today Trump Slammed China Over COVID-19 Transparency, In January, he Lauded Them. The Hill Reporter frequently reports negatively on President Trump such as this Trump Explodes At Reporter When She Calls Out His Propagandist Coronavirus Video That Ignores His February Downplaying Of The Disease, while reporting favorably on those who have a liberal perspective Pelosi Says Trump’s Initial Coronavirus Denials Will Result In Deaths — ‘As The President Fiddles, People Are Dying’. A review of numerous articles demonstrates consistent proper sourcing of information to such sources as the New York Times, The Guardian, and FactCheck.org.
Editorially, the Hill Reporter offers an opinion page that strongly favors a liberal perspective such as this Former RNC Boss Blasts His Own Party’s Stance Over Their Obvious Voter Suppression Tactics. In general, the Hill Reporter is factual in reporting, while exhibiting a strong left-leaning bias through story selection, editorial positions, and wording.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Hill Reporter Left biased based on story selection and wording that routinely favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 11/12/2018) Updated (1/4/2021)
Last Updated on January 4, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: American People Dailyby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black America Webby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WFMZby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 1, 2022 at 8:00 am