These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Cosmos Magazine a Pro-Science magazine based on proper scientific sourcing and minimal editorial bias.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2005, Cosmos Magazine is a popular science magazine from Australia. Cosmos have won 47 journalism and industry awards, including Magazine of the Year in 2009 and 2006, Editor of the Year in 2006 and 2005, and Best Internet Site at Australia’s Bell Awards for Publishing Excellence, Best Magazine at the Bell Awards in 2009, as well as a Reuters/World Conservation Union Award for Excellence in Environmental Reporting, an Earth Journalism Award and the American Institute of Physics Science Writing Award.
Read our profile on Australian media and government.
Funded by / Ownership
The nonprofit Royal Institution of Australia owns and publishes Cosmos Magazine and the website. Subscription fees, donations, and a shop that sells gift subscriptions generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Cosmos Magazine covers all areas of science and sources properly to scientific and academic journals. They do not utilize loaded emotional language such as this Did meat-eating really play a big role in human evolution? In general, Cosmos Magazine is a low-biased, pro-science popular science magazine.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Cosmos Magazine a Pro-Science magazine based on proper scientific sourcing and minimal editorial bias. (D. Van Zandt 4/16/2018) Updated (01/25/2022)
Last Updated on January 25, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am