Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Hate Group
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
According to their about page, “The Ruth Institute is a global interfaith coalition equipping Christians to defend the family and build a civilization of love. The Sexual Revolution has been going on for years and wreaked havoc, destruction, and misery along the way. The Ruth Institute has your back to give you the sound thinking, solid research, and the stories of the survivors to equip you to defend the family!” The founder is Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse.
Funded by / Ownership
The Ruth Institute is a nonprofit Christian organization based in Louisiana. Donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Ruth Institute is listed as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. The Ruth Institute was originally a project of the anti-LGBT National Organization for Marriage (NOM), created to conduct youth outreach, warn young people about the dangers of divorce sexual promiscuity, and, primarily, recruit them in the fight to block the legalization of gay marriage. Essentially, the Ruth Institute is opposed to equal rights for gay and transgender persons. In general, they are a radical Catholic Group that frequently promotes misinformation and hate.
Failed Fact Checks
- A third party has not fact-checked them.
Overall, we rate The Ruth Institute extreme right biased based on radical Catholic ideology and promoters of propaganda, conspiracies, and labeling as a hate group by the SPLC. (D. Van Zandt 3/10/2018) Updated (01/20/2022)
Last Updated on January 20, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm