Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate Awareness Act a Tin Foil Hat Conspiracy and Quackery level Pseudoscience website based on the routine publication of false or unproven information.
Bias Rating: CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
A domain search indicates the domain was registered in 2012, however content on the website dates back to 2016. Awareness Act is a conspiracy and pseudoscience website that does not have an about page or discloses ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
Although the website does not disclose ownership a Google Search reveals that Darbi West may be an owner. Again, this is not verified. Awareness Act generates revenue through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Awareness Act primarily publishes pseudoscience related material such as Spirituality and Astrology. They also report on health and wellness that are not always medically supported. For example in this story, 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Eat Another M&M Candy Again, Awareness Act claims that Mars removed Red M&M’s in 1976 and reintroduced them in 1987 due to a study in 1971 that showed the Red Dye used caused cancer. First, no other study has ever come to that conclusion, and second M&M’s never used the Dye in question. They removed Red M&M’s due to public perception.
The website also publishes sensationalized headlines that do not match the content of the story. For example, in this story Study Shows GM Soy Kills Baby Rats In Only Three Weeks – What Is It Doing To Our Children?, the source is a Russian study that was actually inconclusive. The author of the study states “GMOs alone may not cause the effects and that it was important to note that other contaminants may have played part in the issues encountered.”
Besides routinely publishing misleading pseudoscience articles, they also produce conspiracy stories related to 9-11. When we previously reviewed this website they had numerous conspiracy stories related to the WTC being brought down by controlled demolition. Those stories have been removed.
Failed Fact Checks (Below are just a few.)
- A new study published in the Lancet has officially declared that fluoride is a neurotoxin. – FALSE
- Fake News: Doctors NOT Confessing To Intentionally Diagnosing Healthy People With Cancer To Make Money – FALSE
- Fake News: United States Federal Court Did NOT Rule Females are Free to Display Their Breasts in Public Everywhere – FALSE
- Fake News: Study Did NOT Prove 20% Of American Children ‘Have Never Drank Plain Water’ – FALSE
- “I am still waiting for someone to produce pieces of the alleged plane” that caused the Twin Towers to collapse. – PANTS ON FIRE
Overall, we rate Awareness Act a Tin Foil Hat Conspiracy and Quackery level Pseudoscience website based on the routine publication of false or unproven information. (D. Van Zandt 10/10/2016) Updated (03/15/2022)
Last Updated on March 15, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am