These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate FPRI Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions and High for factual reporting due to strong sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1955, The Foreign Policy Research Institute (FPRI) is an American think tank based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Institute researches geopolitics, international relations, and international security in the various regions of the world and ethnic conflict, U.S. national security, terrorism, and think tanks themselves. According to their mission, “The Foreign Policy Research Institute is dedicated to producing the highest quality scholarship and nonpartisan policy analysis focused on crucial foreign policy and national security challenges facing the United States. We educate those who make and influence policy, as well as the public at large, through the lens of history, geography, and culture.”
Funded by / Ownership
Donations fund FPRI. The website does not clearly state who their large donors are. They do provide a link to the board of trustees, which reveals a lack of diversity.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the FPRI reports news and research with minimal bias such as this: Chinese State Media on Coronavirus and President Trump. News and information are always properly sourced from credible media outlets. Editorially, they support a firm foreign policy that aligns with the right, such as holding concern over China’s increased power Biden’s take on China. The think tank also demonstrates concern for terrorism with a deep analysis of the threats that are highly sourced and factual. Finally, when it comes to science, they promote the consensus with both climate change and covid-19. In general, they report news and information factually with a right-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate FPRI Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions and High for factual reporting due to strong sourcing and a clean fact check record. (7/14/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 5/18/2021)
Last Updated on May 18, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: il Giornaleby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:15 am
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm