These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Axiom News Network Right Biased based on story selection that consistently favors the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to very poor sourcing of information.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 2018 by Jonathan Profitt, Axiom News Network is a strongly right leaning news and opinion website. On the front page of the website ANN describes their mission: “Politics can be frustrating because it’s hard to find the truth. Hear from both sides of the political aisle from Axiom News Network. Unbiased news is here to stay.”
Funded by / Ownership
Axiom News Network does specifically state who the owner is, however Jonathan Profitt is listed as the Founder and CEO. Revenue is generated through online advertising and donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the website’s description claims that you will hear from both sides and that news will be unbiased. Our analysis has determined that you only hear from one side, the Right side. Axios News Network breaks news down into the following categories: News and Politics, Culture, Finance, Health and Podcasts. In reviewing the top articles listed on the front page of the website, almost all of them were negative toward the left. Below is a list of the first 5 headlines from the front page as of today:
- Ep. 166 The Democratic Party Has Deeply Fractured Between The Radicals And The Moderates
- The Democratic Party Is Deeply Divided (Not sourced at all, nor labeled an Op-Ed)
- Democratic “Blackface Governor” Ralph Northam’s Wife Accused Of Handing Out Cotton To Black Children On Field Trip (Not sourced at all, nor labeled an Op-Ed)
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Threatens To Put Fellow Democrats On “List” If They’re Not Radical Enough (Not sourced at all, nor labeled an Op-Ed)
- Democratic Controlled House Passes Gun Bill That Will Strip Rights From Law Abiding Citizens (sourced to Fox News)
As can be seen there is significant use of loaded language that portrays the left negatively. Further, there is very poor use of sourcing across the website. Under the health tab there seems to be reasonable science presented, however, again there is zero hyperlinked sourcing to support their claims. Lastly, ANN does not distinguish between news reporting and opinion, which can be misleading.
Overall, we rate Axiom News Network Right Biased based on story selection that consistently favors the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to very poor sourcing of information. (D. Van Zandt 3/3/2019)