These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate IEEE a hard Pro-Science source based on technical well-researched content.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1963, The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is a professional association for electronic engineering and electrical engineering. It is the world’s largest association of technical professionals, with more than 423,000 members in over 160 countries worldwide. The current executive director is Stephen Welby.
Funded by / Ownership
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is funded through membership fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, IEEE is an organization that promotes the educational and technical advancement of electrical and electronic engineering, telecommunications, computer engineering, and allied disciplines. IEEE features articles and research written under the tab IEEE Xplore. These articles tend to be technical and pro-science such as this Intelligent Reflecting Surface-Enhanced Wireless Network via Joint Active and Passive Beamforming. This research is very well-sourced. In general, this is a hard pro-science website.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate IEEE a hard Pro-Science source based on technical well-researched content. (D. Van Zandt 8/23/2020) Updated (06/13/2022)
Last Updated on June 13, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am