Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information; therefore, fact-checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate QAnon an extreme right-wing Tin-Foil Hat level Conspiracy website based on the promotion of old debunked conspiracy theories that have been proven to be false or, at the very least, do not have evidence.
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2018, QAnon.pub is a website for far-right QAnon conspiracy theorists. QAnon is a collective of anonymous conspiracy theorists who believe the deep state and media conspire against President Trump. “The theory began with an October 2017 post on the anonymous 4chan by someone using the tripcode Q, a presumably American individual that may have later grown to include multiple individuals, claiming to have access to classified information involving the Trump administration and its opponents in the United States.”
QAnon adherents began appearing at Trump rallies during the summer of 2018 and have continued to increase.
Update: This source does not appear to be active since 2020.
Funded by / Ownership
Ownership and funding are unknown; however, the three original creators of the theory may be capitalizing on it (unknown).
Analysis / Bias
In review, the QAnon.pub website posts anonymous messages that are signed off as simply Q. A random message looks like this: “Threat to Controlled Narrative. Other than POTUS, can you name a group more attacked than ‘Q’ by the FAKE NEWS media? Multiple tactics deployed, including framing for crimes (think bridge, mob boss, etc.). DESPERATION. Reconcile using logic. THINK FOR YOURSELF. DIVIDERS will FAIL.” This message links into 8chan, which has been kicked out of Google Search. In examining several posts on the QAnon website, virtually all of them support former President Trump and harshly denigrate the left, such as this: “WELCOME TO THE DEMOCRAT PARTY. The Party of threats, violence, intimidation, name-calling, racism, fascism, division, …..#WALKAWAY #VOTEREPUBLICAN Q.” This also links back to the disreputable 8chan.
QAnon promotes some conspiracies: the debunked Pizzagate theory, the Seth Rich murder, and most notably, the Deep State. They also promote chemtrails which some claim Trump has stopped. Lastly, they have been accused of antisemitism.
According to a factual search, QAnon has failed numerous fact checks.
Overall, we rate QAnon an extreme right-wing Tin-Foil Hat level Conspiracy website based on the promotion of old debunked conspiracy theories that have been proven to be false or, at the very least, do not have evidence. (D. Van Zandt 4/3/2019) Updated (7/18/2021)
Last Updated on July 18, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am