These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.
- Overall, we rate PRRI Least Biased and High for factual reporting.
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) is an American nonprofit, nonpartisan research and education organization that conducts public opinion polls on a variety of different topics. PRRI is a public resource for journalists, scholars, policymakers and the general public. PRRI is a member of the National Council of Public Polls and is a founding member of the Transparency Initiative at the American Association of Public Opinion Research. Partners include The Atlantic, The Brookings Institution’s Governance Studies Program, the American Academy of Religion (AAR), and Georgetown University’s Berkley Center for Religion, Peace & World Affairs.
Funded by / Ownership
Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) is a non-profit polling organization funded through donations and partnerships with the organizations listed above.
Analysis / Bias
In review, PRRI conducts polls mostly related to religion and politics but covers other areas as well. As a polling company, there is minimal use of loaded words, and all information is properly sourced. PRRI always discloses its methodology and demographics for polls. PRRI is considered a reliable polling center.
Overall, we rate PRRI Least Biased and High for factual reporting. (11/3/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 6/25/2018)
Last Updated on July 18, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am