These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Medical News Today Pro-Science and High for factual reporting as most of their information is well-sourced and based on traditional medicine. We recommend caution and further research on any articles related to alternative medicine, which is considered a pseudoscience.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: United Kingdom (33/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
According to their about page: “Founded in 2003, Medical News Today has established itself as a market leader for medical news, providing concise and accurate information that stands out in the ocean of content that is health on the internet. Content is targeted to an educated audience of both healthcare professionals and patients alike. The editorial team provides news from evidence-based, peer-reviewed studies, along with accurate, unbiased, and informative content from governmental organizations (e.g., FDA, CDC, NIH, NHS), medical societies, royal colleges, professional associations, patients’ groups, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies, among others.”
Please read our report on the UK government and media.
Funded by / Ownership
Medical News Today is owned by Healthline Media, Inc and is funded through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Medical News Today generally publishes very well-sourced credible medical news that is Pro-Science. However, they also cover alternative medicine, which would be fine if they were discrediting it. While they don’t endorse alternative medicine, they also don’t refute it and give it equal standing with traditional well-researched medicine. For this reason, we feel there should be caution when using this source, but for the most part, this is pro-science.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Medical News Today Pro-Science and High for factual reporting as most of their information is well-sourced and based on traditional medicine. We recommend caution and further research on any articles related to alternative medicine, which is considered a pseudoscience. (D. Van Zandt 4/1/2018) Updated (5/09/2021)
Last Updated on May 9, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am