These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Medical Xpress, a generally credible Pro-Science source that occasionally publishes new studies outside of the current consensus of science for that field.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: United Kingdom (33/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2011, Medical Xpress is a website that provides medical and health news through the Science X Network. Science X publishes around 200 articles per day between Medical Xpress and its other Phys.org and Tech Xplore properties.
Funded by / Ownership
Medical Xpress is owned by Science X, wholly owned by Omicron Technology Limited, headquartered in Douglas, Isle Of Man, United Kingdom. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Medical Xpress is a health and medical news source that also publishes articles about the recent development in the health care industry and research in medical science. Medical Xpress republishes News and research articles from other sources such as University studies, press releases, and organizations. Articles are low biased and usually pro-science such as this article republished from the American Heart Association: Aerobic exercise programs may improve endurance, walking after stroke. Further, because Medical Xpress publishes from a wide range of journals and sources, they sometimes publish studies that may lack peer review or contradict the current consensus. This does not mean they are inaccurate, but rather just new studies that will require more testing and peer review.
Overall, we rate Medical Xpress, a generally credible Pro-Science source that occasionally publishes new studies outside of the current consensus of science for that field. (D. Van Zandt 8/24/2016) Updated (7/24/2021)
Last Updated on July 24, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am