These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate News-Medical.net a Pro-Science source based on scientific information from mostly credible sources. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to a failed fact check.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE / LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2004 and based in Sydney, Australia, News-Medical.net is a website that publishes medical and life sciences news for medical professionals and laypeople. According to their about page, “We are a tight-knit community of scientific, medical, and life sciences experts that produce and share the latest information, in a readable, understandable way.”
Funded by / Ownership
The publically traded AZoNetwork owns and publishes News-Medical.net. The AzoNetwork publishes several science-related websites. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
News-Medical.net curates press releases by hospitals, universities, and research institutions announcing peer-reviewed research. They also publish original articles on research development written by staff professionals in their respective fields. Headlines reflect the content of articles and use minimal bias in wording such as this Study reveals Pfizer/BioNTech and Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine efficacy and immune response in clinically vulnerable individuals. Articles usually reference sources that are credible and related to the field of science they cover. In general, they are a mostly-factual pro-science source who has failed one fact-check.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate News-Medical.net a Pro-Science source based on scientific information from mostly credible sources. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to a failed fact check. (D. Van Zandt 9/13/2021)
Last Updated on January 23, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am