A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Great American Daily Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as the use of poor sourcing and a complete lack of transparency.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 2016, Great American Daily is a hyper-partisan conservative news and opinion website. This website completely lacks transparency as authors are not named, there isn’t an about page and ownership is not disclosed.
Funded by / Ownership
Great American Daily does not reveals ownership, however it states at the bottom of each web page it is held through Great American Daily Press LLC, which is based in New Jersey. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Great American Daily does not produce original news reporting, but rather uses existing news stories and offers biased commentary around the content. Headlines are often sensationalized to favor the right such as this: Jeanine Pirro Destroyed Adam Schiff’s Star Impeachment Witness With Two Words and this Devin Nunes Sent Schiff Into a Fit of Rage With a Fact About Impeachment. This latter story is sourced to the Questionable Black Eye Politics. Some stories do not offer sourcing at all, while others use poor sources such as Conservative Revival and Rush Limbaugh who has a terrible track record with facts.
Editorially, virtually every story denigrates liberals, while glorifying conservatives and in particular President Trump. They also have a section dedicated to Deep State conspiracy theories as well as a section to report negatively on the Clinton’s. In this section they promote far right wing conspiracies about the Clinton’s ties to pedophilia and the Clintons murdering people. In general, this is a right wing propaganda website that is low on facts.
Overall, we rate Great American Daily Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as the use of poor sourcing and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 12/1/2019)
Last Updated on April 8, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm