These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Climate Central Left-Center Biased and pro-science based on adherence to the consensus of science with climate change. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2008, Climate Central surveys and conducts scientific research on climate change and informs the public of key findings. According to their about page “Climate Central uses science, big data, and technology to generate thousands of local storylines and compelling visuals that make climate change personal and show what can be done about it. We address climate science, sea-level rise, extreme weather, energy, and related topics. We collaborate widely with TV meteorologists, journalists, and other respected voices to reach audiences across diverse geographies and beliefs.”
Climate Central’s President, CEO, and Chief Scientist is Benjamin Strauss.
Funded by / Ownership
Climate Central is a qualified 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization. Revenue is primarily derived through donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Climate Central reports on climate change science, effects, and solutions. Articles and headlines are generally low biased, but sometimes convey an emotion such as this ‘Give us a break, Lord’: Amid active hurricane season, pandemic halts recovery in Florida two years after Michael. Information is usually properly sourced to credible media outlets and always factual. While they lean left politically in their concern for climate change, they are pro-science in their publications and approach.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years.
Overall, we rate Climate Central Left-Center Biased and pro-science based on adherence to the consensus of science with climate change. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 3/17/2017) Updated (3/17/2021)
Last Updated on March 17, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am