A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Great American Republic Questionable based on Extreme Right bias, promotion of conspiracy theories and pseudoscience as well as a lack of transparency regarding ownership.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Conspiracy, Pseudoscience, Propaganda, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2009 by Tanya Grimsley, Great American Republic formally Allen West Republic is a conservative news and opinion website. According to their about page Tanya Grimsley is a “self-taught social media editor and manager. Tanya is also the blogger that helped launch Colonel Allen West into the spotlight in 2009.” Tanya Grimsley’s father, a retired U.S. Navy Chief also writes for the website. The website also offers a disclaimer that reads “We are news curators and not creators of the original news stories.”
Funded by / Ownership
The Great American Republic website does not disclose ownership and revenue is derived from advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Great American Republic typically publishes snippets from news articles and offers conservative commentary. Wording is frequently sensationalized to favor the right with emotional headlines such as this: TOO FUNNY! Liberal Rag Warns of Man-Eating Tigers Due to ‘Climate Change’ & the Reactions Are Priceless. This story links to the Flag and Cross, which holds strong conservative viewpoints. In fact, most current stories link to the Flag and Cross. The sources used are typically from Questionable and right leaning sources such as the Daily Caller, Daily Wire, The Blaze and American Thinker. They also promote debunked conspiracy theories related to the Seth Rich murder as well as pseudoscience in regards to climate change. In general, this website promotes far-right conservative propaganda through the use of loaded language and poor sources.
Overall, we rate Great American Republic Questionable based on Extreme Right bias, promotion of conspiracy theories and pseudoscience as well as a lack of transparency regarding ownership. (D. Van Zandt 6/14/2019) Updated (10/26/2019)
Last Updated on October 5, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am