Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information; therefore, fact-checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate Climate Change Dispatch as a Conspiracy and Quackery level Pseudoscience source for the promotion of false or misleading information that is not in line with the consensus of science and several failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: LOW
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2010, Climate Change Dispatch is a Human influenced climate change denial blog managed and edited by Thomas Richard. According to their about page: “Climate Change Dispatch (CCD) is a science and environmental news site showing its visitors the facts behind the theory of global warming, which are not being told by the mainstream media and the global-warming zealots. As noted below*, we do not believe in consensus science. Beliefs belong in church, in prayers, but not in the scientific method.”
Funded by / Ownership
The owner and editor of Climate Change Dispatch are Thomas Richard. According to the Climate Change Dispatch about page, they are “100% owned and operated by private citizens, doing it part-time and/or for free. We do not receive any money from oil or energy companies or from ANY organization that receives money from the energy industry.” The website contains advertising and a donation link.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Climate Change Dispatch is very honest in that they claim they do not support the consensus of science and deny the impact of human-made global warming (AWG). Articles contain loaded emotional language such as this: Election Slaughter For Climate Activism. This story is a republishing of James Taylor’s article written for the right biased and factually mixed American Thinker. In general, most content on this website is republished articles from other right-biased sources that question climate change. There is some original content published as well that also works to minimize concern over climate change. This source also promotes conspiracies, such as Oxford University publishing fake news. Essentially, this is a website that promotes anti-climate change propaganda.
Failed Fact Checks
- “Most extreme weather phenomena have not become more extreme, more deadly, or more destructive” – False
- “The amount of coral on the Great Barrier Reef is at record high levels”; those claiming the reef is threatened by climate change are alarmists – Inaccurate
- “Great Barrier Reef Sea Surface Temperature: No Change In 150 Years” – Inaccurate
Overall, we rate Climate Change Dispatch as a Conspiracy and Quackery level Pseudoscience source for the promotion of false or misleading information that is not in line with the consensus of science and several failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 11/20/2018) Updated (09/08/2021)
Last Updated on September 8, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am