These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Great American Politics borderline extreme right biased, based on story selection that always favors the right and use of loaded emotional language that is sensational in nature. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting based on the use of sources that have failed numerous fact checks.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 2017, Great American Politics is a strongly right leaning news and opinion website. According to their about page “Great American Politics is a news-driven opinion site that delivers commentary, informed by a right-leaning worldview, to like-minded Americans. Daily you’ll find views on the news from conservative/libertarian, free market, pro-faith, and pro-family perspectives.”
The website lists the managing editor as Michael Stanley. He also appears to be the primary author.
Funded by / Ownership
Great American Politics is owned by Romulus Marketing, LLC, which owns several other conservative media brands and is funded through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Great American Politics fully disclaims they are a conservative website and the articles published reflect that. News articles tend to utilize sensational emotionally loaded headlines such as this: Joe Biden Says Despicable Things About America While Speaking In Europe and Mexico Governor Has Strong Message For Migrants; Leftists Will Hate This. Sourcing for articles comes from a wide variety of right leaning sources such as Fox News and the Daily Caller, and questionable sources such as The Blaze and the Gateway Pundit, both of which have poor track records with fact checkers. In general, Great American Politics takes a news story from a known media source and editorializes, it to fit a conservative narrative. All stories on this website favor the right and denigrate the left.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check by IFCN fact checkers.
Overall, we rate Great American Politics borderline extreme right biased, based on story selection that always favors the right and use of loaded emotional language that is sensational in nature. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting based on the use of sources that have failed numerous fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 2/21/2019) Updated (4/19/2020)
Last Updated on April 19, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am