Factual Reporting: HIGH
According to their about page: Free Rein News is a media organization that is dedicated to an America that embraces the progressive values of freedom, dignity, and justice for all. Our mission is to present national and international news as it unfolds. We deliver perspectives from all categories to help expand your views. At Free Rein report, our goal is enlighten the world on the most pressing issues in American society.” Prior to March 2018, Free Rein News operated under the freereinreport.com domain, which we had rated Questionable. Since that time they have published on the frnewsreport.com domain with a new editorial direction.
Funded by / Ownership
The website does not disclose who owns or edits the website and it appears to be funded through an abundance of online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Free Rein News is a strongly left biased news and opinion website where all articles favor the left and/or denigrate the right. There is significant use of loaded emotional language in headlines, such as: “Congressman Absolutely Shreds Trump With Ridiculing Pictures, Treats Trump Like A Child (IMAGE)” However, the wording of articles is less emotional and direct in tone, though certainly favorable to the left. All articles reviewed are sourced back to verifiable media outlets such as The Hill and Los Angeles Times. Although headlines are very sensational, the content of articles is reasonably written and properly sourced.
Overall, we rate Free Rein News strongly Left Biased based on wording and story selection that always favors the left and High for factual reporting due to use of proper sources. (D. Van Zandt 11/4/2017) Updated (7/12/2018)
Last Updated on April 7, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am