Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by Kathy Hochul (D): The NY state budget covers 96% of eligible preschoolers.
PolitiFact rating: Mostly True (The state’s 2023-24 budget contains $150 million in additional funds for public prekindergarten, bringing the total to $1.2 billion. That amount could cover 96% of what the state deems eligible four-year-olds, a smaller group than the total number of four-year-olds in the state.)
|Claim by The People’s Voice: Study Reveals Lungs Riddles With Microplastics From Disposable Masks
Lead Stories rating: False (Mask are not cited in the study)
NewsPunch, now known as The People’s Voice, produces the same fake news.
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: “Chinese communist” troops on the ground at U.S. southern border.
PolitiFact rating: False (The vast majority of the Chinese migrants are single adults, and likely young men, but that is not proof that China is sending troops disguised as migrants.)
|Claim via Social Media: Vaccinated People Emit Bluetooth Signals.
Lead Stories rating: False (Crackpot Pseudoscience)
|MISLEADING||Claim by DW PAC: “While Americans struggle to get ahead, he [Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis] increases taxes.”
FactCheck.org rating: Misleading (the law in question didn’t create a new tax. Instead, it implemented a more effective way of collecting an existing tax. The law required online vendors to directly charge sales taxes to consumers. Previously, Floridians were supposed to report those sales taxes to the state themselves, but few did.)
|FALSE||(International: Australia): There is no mention of race in the Australian Constitution.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (Two sections of the constitution mention race.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Koch Network Backs Nikki Haley in GOP Primary, Boosting Her Against Trumpby newsfactsnetwork on November 28, 2023 at 10:31 am
- Hunter Biden Agrees to Public Testimony in House Oversight Committee Inquiryby newsfactsnetwork on November 28, 2023 at 10:25 am
- Sandy Hook Families Propose $85 Million Settlement to Alex Jonesby newsfactsnetwork on November 28, 2023 at 7:39 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 11/28/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on November 28, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Immigration officials reduce legal entries in Texas, Arizona to address illegal crossingsby newsfactsnetwork on November 28, 2023 at 5:16 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: America Out Loudby Media Bias Fact Check on November 28, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Fox News Reporter Criticized for Questioning Biden’s Age in Re-election Bidby newsfactsnetwork on November 27, 2023 at 9:22 pm
- International Accord on AI Safety: Guidelines for Secure and Responsible AI Developmentby newsfactsnetwork on November 27, 2023 at 5:16 pm