Founded in 2014, The People’s Voice, formerly known as NewsPunch, is a Los Angeles-based clickbait news website that promotes extreme right-wing conspiracy theories and pseudoscience misinformation. The website was founded and formerly edited by Sean Adl-Tabatabai, founder of YourNewsWire. In fact, The People’s Voice is actually YourNewsWire redirected under a new domain name with a clean, attractive website. All previous fake YourNewsWire stories have been ported over to this website/domain. Not much has changed.
Funded by / Ownership
The holding company Newspunch LLC. owns the website. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The People’s Voice (aka YourNewsWire, Newspunch) is a far-right-wing conspiracy and pseudoscience website that routinely publishes fake news. Headlines use loaded emotional language such as this: I Was In The Illuminati I’m Going To Tell You Everything, Shocking Expose. Politically, story selection almost always favors the right through negative stories regarding liberal policy and politicians: CIA Insider: Hillary Clinton Most Treasonous Leader In History. Further, the sources utilized by The People’s Voice are some of the least credible out there, such as Infowars and the Gateway Pundit.
The People’s Voice routinely publishes anti-vaccination propaganda, stories of impending world war 3, and extraterrestrial stories, to name a few. Further, YourNewsWire (Now The People’s Choice) has made Factcheck.org’s fake news list, as well as having an abysmal track record with fact-checkers. Finally, according to Poynter Institute, YourNewsWire (The People’s Voice) has more false claims by IFCN fact-checkers than any other website.
Failed Fact Checks
- The World Economic Forum is teaming up with the United Nations to seize control of the world’s water supplies. – False
- Jada Pinkett Smith says she blames ‘white supremacists’ for the flop of her new Netflix docudrama series, Queen Cleopatra, which has one the worst audience ratings in U.S. television history. – False
- A Philippines court issued an international arrest warrant for Bill Gates as part of an investigation into the COVID-19 vaccination roll-out in the territory. – False
- Klaus Schwab has banned vaccinated pilots from transporting World Economic Forum members in and out of Davos due to the safety risk they pose. – False
- Hillary Clinton has declared that it’s time to make cash transactions in America illegal in order to “fight climate change.” – False
Overall, we rate The People’s Voice a Questionable source based on extreme right-wing bias and promotion of tin foil hat conspiracies. This website has zero credibility due to the routine publishing of fake news. (D. Van Zandt 05/20/2023)
Last Updated on May 20, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check