These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using an appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate WTVA – Tupelo News Least Biased based on minimal editorializing and balanced story selection. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1957, WTVA – Tupelo News is an NBC/ABC-affiliated television station licensed to Tupelo, Mississippi, United States. WTVA.com, also known as Island News, is the associated website that provides news on crime, sports, and lifestyle for the greater Tupelo area.
Funded by / Ownership
Allen Media LLC, a subsidiary of Entertainment Studios, owns WTVA – Tupelo News. The owner of Entertainment Studios, Byron Allen, is a frequent donor to Democratic candidates and causes. Advertising and sponsored content generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, WTVA – Tupelo News publishes news for the Tupelo and surrounding area through reporters and with minimal bias, such as this Alabama prison official missing after escorting inmate. Videos from the TV Station accompany many local news stories. National and international news is typically republished through the Associated Press and CNN.
Editorially, WTVA – Tupelo News does not publish Op-eds, and story selection is balanced.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate WTVA – Tupelo News Least Biased based on minimal editorializing and balanced story selection. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 05/01/2022)
Last Updated on May 8, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/18/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Madison Cawthorn concedes to Chuck Edwards in North Carolinaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am
- Far-right election denier Mastriano wins GOP race for governor in Pennsylvaniaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am