These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Morning Brew Left-Center biased based on story selection and editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2015, Morning Brew based in Michigan, focuses on creating newsletters for retail (covers the retail markets) and HR. In addition; they publish the newsletters: The Turnout (a political newsletter) and Emerging Technology (tech news & events). Morning Brew’s founders are Alex Lieberman and Austin Rief and the target audience is Millenials. In 2020, Insider Inc., parent of Business Insider, bought a majority stake in Morning Brew.
Funded by / Ownership
Insider Inc. is the owner of Morning Brew. The website generates revenue through online advertising, subscriptions, and email monetization.
Analysis / Bias
According to an interview with the founders, their goal is “to make business news more enjoyable to read.” In review, when reporting on politicians, Morning Brew utilizes moderate emotionally loaded headlines such as “A Look Back at Trump’s Relationship With Business, From Trade to the Stock Market.” The subtitle reads, “Trump will become the first president since Hoover to leave the White House with fewer jobs than when he moved in.” This statement portrays Trump negatively by not explaining until the last paragraph that the Corona Virus wiped out the jobs and hence is not comparable to Hoover.
When reporting on the Biden administration “Biden goes after Big Meat to combat inflation.” The subtitle reads “It’s part of the administration’s broader antitrust crackdown, but industry groups have pushed back.” For issues such as climate change “Scientists say it’s ‘now or never to curb climate change: Plus, Trump’s Truth Social app is flailing.” When it comes to sourcing the Morning Brew utilizes credible sources such as BBC, Politico, Washington Post, NY Times, Bloomberg, and AP News. In general, story selection and opinions slightly favor the left.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Morning Brew Left-Center biased based on story selection and editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 04/10/2022)
Last Updated on April 10, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. Senate Gives Final Congressional Approval To $40 Billion Aid Package For Ukraineby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm
- Finland and Sweden Apply for NATO Membershipby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:59 pm
- New Twitter policy aims to pierce fog of war misinformationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:43 pm
- Biden To Meet Swedish, Finnish Leaders On NATO Membershipby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 2:24 pm
- Texas asks Supreme Court to keep state social media censorship law in effectby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 12:17 pm