A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Lucianne.com right biased due to story selection that almost always favors the right and Questionable based on the use of poor sources that frequently fail fact checks.
Reasoning: Poor Sources that frequently fail fact checks.
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2003 by author Lucianne Goldberg, Lucianne.com is a conservative blog that features news articles posted by members in a forum format. According to their Rules & FAQ page, they state “Please, post only news articles, columns, and commentary from legitimate, on-line newspapers, magazines and/or news websites. We prefer articles no older than 48 hours – – – unless an older article would serve as vital background for a current posted article.”
Lucianne Goldberg is best known for encouraging Linda Tripp to illegally record Monica Lewinsky discussing her sexual relationship with Bill Clinton. Goldberg was later subpoenaed to testify before a Maryland grand jury that was contemplating indicting Tripp for having made the recordings. Charges against Tripp were eventually dropped.
Funded by / Ownership
The website is held by Lucianne.com Media, LLC, which is owned by Lucianne Goldberg. The website generates revenue through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the website features snippets and summaries of news articles that link to the full article. Below the article is a comment section (forum) where members can discuss and reply to one another regarding the content of the article. The news articles published by members range from Right-Center to Extreme Right Conservatives. Many of the sources come from factually Mixed sources such as Bizpac Review, Powerline, and questionable sources such as American Thinker, Gateway Pundit, and Breitbart. We also found articles published from non-credible sources such as Rush Limbaugh and right-wing conspiracy and pseudoscience website, Natural News. Lastly, credible sources are used as well, such as Reuters, The Hill, and New York Times.
We did not perform a factual search because Lucianne.com does not publish original content. However, the sources utilized that we listed above have failed dozens of fact checks by IFCN fact-checkers.
Overall, we rate Lucianne.com right biased due to story selection that almost always favors the right and Questionable based on the use of poor sources that frequently fail fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 7/31/2019) Updated (9/22/2020)
Last Updated on September 22, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am