A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate RushLimbaugh.com Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as numerous failed fact checks.
Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Failed Fact Checks, Fake News
Bias Rating: FAR-RIGHT
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1995, RushLimbaugh.com is the official website for conservative radio personality Rush Limbaugh. The Rush Limbaugh radio program debuted in 1988 and is nationally syndicated on AM and FM radio. According to their about page, “Rush Limbaugh, the “Doctor of Democracy,” is known as the pioneer of AM radio. Limbaugh revolutionized the media and political landscape with his unprecedented combination of serious discussion of political, cultural, and social issues along with satirical and biting humor, which parodies previously “untouchable” personalities and topics. His passion inspires millions of Americans to be the best they can be and keeps the country on course to a bright future.”
In February 2020, Rush Limbaugh was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by Donald Trump during the State of the Union address.
On February 17, 2021, Rush Limbaugh passed away at age 70. The website continues to provide transcripts of Limbaugh’s years of radio broadcasts.
Funded by / Ownership
RushLimbaugh.com is owned by Premiere Radio Networks, which in turn is owned by iHeartMedia. iHeartMedia owns approximately 850 radio stations across the USA. Revenue is derived through advertising, memberships, and merchandise sold in an online store.
Analysis / Bias
In review, RushLimbaugh.com publishes information about the radio show, transcripts, and news articles from a strong conservative perspective. News stories often contain clips from his radio program in both text and audio format. There is the frequent use of emotionally loaded language that denigrates the left, such as this For Democrats, More Death Equals More Blame on Trump. While the website publishes content from a conservative perspective, there is a strong emphasis on promoting former President Donald Trump: Trump Conducts Press Corps Like an Orchestra. Reporting on Donald Trump is propagandistic, with only positive reporting directed at Trump and harshly negative reporting on his opponents. Reporting on the Democratic Party and the left has relied on propaganda and conspiracy theories such as claiming that Barack Obama removed the citizenship question from the census. This is a false claim. Regarding false claims, Rush Limbaugh has an abysmal record with fact-checkers.
Editorially, RushLimbaugh.com holds right-leaning positions that align with former President Trump. It was rare for Rush Limbaugh to criticize the former President. In general, this website provides far-right biased information that is frequently not factual.
Failed Fact Checks (Rush Limbaugh has failed over 50 fact checks. Below is a shortlist.)
- Says “11 straight years of no major hurricanes striking land” in the United States “bores a hole right through the whole climate change argument.” – Pants on Fire
- “Obama regime planned the influx of illegal alien children at the border.” – Pants on Fire
- “The coronavirus is the common cold, folks.” – False
- “It appears that the (Jacksonville) shooter was part of the Trump’ Resistance’.” – False
- Says House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump “doesn’t feature the opposition party, it doesn’t feature cross-examination.” – False
- Jeffrey Goldberg, Editor-in-Chief for The Atlantic, confessed that the central claim in his publication’s reprehensible hit piece on the President could very well be false. – False
Overall, we rate RushLimbaugh.com Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as numerous failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 5/23/2020) Updated (10/04/2021)
Last Updated on October 4, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am