These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Law Enforcement Today far-Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that align with the conservative right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources, lack of transparency, and failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2008 (domain registration), Law Enforcement Today is a news and opinion website that reports the news for those in the law enforcement profession. The website lack transparency as they do not provide an about page or disclose ownership. However, they do provide an about section on their Facebook page that reads: “We publish first-hand accounts of how officers have successfully faced adversity or practiced excellence in law enforcement. We share news about the topics that impact the law enforcement community – including not just the officers, but also their loved ones.”
Funded by / Ownership
Law Enforcement Today does not openly disclose ownership, however, an internet search leads to the Facebook page, Robert Greenberg, Founder of Law Enforcement Today, which indicates he is the owner through Law Enforcement Today LLC. Revenue is generated through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Law Enforcement Today publishes news through either a generic staff label or through outside writers. Story selection almost always favors the right and utilizes emotionally loaded headlines such as this: Protester throws first punch at Trump supporter. Immediately regrets it. and this Police-bashing, tax-dodging Al Sharpton got $1 million last year from own charity, records show. This last story is sourced to the Questionable Federalist Papers Project, which has failed numerous fact checks.
Law Enforcement Today also publishes editorials that strongly favor the right through negative reporting on immigrants as well as routine denigration of Democrats. This source is also pro-Trump, frequently glorifying Trump supporters who fight back against protesters such as this: Female MMA fighter drops anti-Trump ‘professor’ who attacked people at Portland veteran ceremony. In general, Law Enforcement Today publishes news that is far-right biased and often uses poor sources with poor fact-checking records.
Failed Fact Checks
- Bogus Claim About ‘Impeaching’ Pelosi – FALSE
- Is the United Nations office in New York recruiting paramilitary troops for disarmament and reintegration of U.S. civilians? – FALSE
- “Piles of bricks are being staged in cities around the country, indicating riots are planned.” – MOSTLY FALSE
- Washington state is considering a proposal to create internment camps for the unvaccinated. – FALSE
Overall, we rate Law Enforcement Today far-Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that align with the conservative right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources, lack of transparency, and failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 11/18/2019) Updated (3/11/2021)
Last Updated on January 18, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am