These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Law & Liberty Right Biased based on an editorial perspective that aligns with conservative libertarianism. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2018, Law & Liberty is a Libertarian-leaning website that publishes news and essays related to law and politics. According to their about page, “Law & Liberty’s focus is on the classical liberal tradition of law and political thought and how it shapes a society of free and responsible persons. This site brings together serious debate, commentary, essays, book reviews, interviews, and educational material in a commitment to the first principles of law in a free society.”
Funded by / Ownership
Liberty Fund Inc owns and publishes Law & Liberty. According to their about page, “the Liberty Fund is a private educational foundation established to enrich the understanding and appreciation of the complex nature of a society of free and responsible individuals.”
Analysis / Bias
Law & Liberty publishes essays, news, podcasts, forums, and book reviews from a right-leaning libertarian perspective. Articles and headlines often contain emotional wording to sway the reader, such as this Letting Crisis Go to Waste. While this essay is biased and negatively charged against progressivism, it relies on credible sources such as The New York Times, NPR, PNAS, CDC, and Skeptic.com.
Editorially, they are highly critical of the left and offer criticism of former President Trump when his policy and actions do not align with Libertarian perspectives Trump’s Rage, Washington’s Prudence. When reporting on science issues such as Covid-19, they reject government mandates but embrace the science of the disease and vaccines. In another article discussing climate change, they again don’t dispute the science but reject alarmism and strong government intervention How to Teach Children about Climate Change. In general, they report news factually and with a right-leaning libertarian bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Law & Liberty Right Biased based on an editorial perspective that aligns with conservative libertarianism. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 01/20/2022)
Last Updated on March 3, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am