These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Vulture Left-Center Biased based on story selection that moderately favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Funded by / Ownership
Vulture is owned by Vox Media, which is a digital publishing network founded by Jerome Armstrong, Tyler Bleszinski, and Markos Moulitsas and based in Washington, D.C. According to a Nieman Lab article, Vox Media had eight editorial brands and a custom advertising division. These are (sports-focused) SB Nation, (tech site) The Verge, (real estate blog) Curbed, (food and nightlife) Eater, (technology news) Racked, (news hub) Vox and (technology business) Recode. However, in 2019 they merged with New York Media adding New York Magazine, The Cut, and others. Further, a New York Times article dated 2015 states that NBC Universal, which is owned by Comcast, invested $200 Million in Vox Media. Revenue for Vulture is generated through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Vulture primarily covers entertainment news, however when they cover news related to politics they have a left-leaning bias in story selection. Vulture uses moderate loaded words when describing conservatives: “Colbert Sings a Scathing Cowboy Ballad for Roy Moore and the Horse He Rode in On.” Further, all articles are well sourced to credible media outlets.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Vulture Left-Center Biased based on story selection that moderately favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 1/20/2018) Updated (10/16/20200
Last Updated on November 18, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm