These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate The Republic Least Biased based on balanced story selection, without an editorial section. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1872, The Republic is an American daily newspaper published in Columbus, Indiana. It covers the city of Columbus and several nearby communities in Bartholomew and Jennings counties. The current editor is Tom Jekel.
Funded by / Ownership
The Republic is owned by AIM Media, which is an American printer and publisher of daily and weekly newspapers, based in Columbus, Indiana. The paper derives revenue from subscriptions and advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Republic covers local news via journalist and with minimal bias such as this Cummins employee misses world record by 20 seconds. The greater state, national, and international news is covered through the Associated Press. Editorially, they do not publish Op-Eds.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Republic Least Biased based on balanced story selection, without an editorial section. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 9/30/2019)
Last Updated on November 12, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am