These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using an appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Florida Politics Least Biased based on balanced story selection and opinion pieces that cover both right-leaning and left-leaning perspectives. We also rate them High for factual due to proper sourcing and a clean fact-check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Florida Politics or Flapol is a news site that extensively covers Florida political news, including “elections, government, policy, and lobbying in Florida.” Florida Politics is based in St. Petersburg, Florida. The publisher is Peter Schorsch, the President of Extensive Enterprises.
Funded by / Ownership
Extensive Enterprises Media owns Florida Politics. The site does not reveal the final owner of Extensive Enterprise Media. Revenue is derived through an advertising model. Extensive Media also owns ContextFlorida.com, an opinion site, Saint Peters Blog, Influence magazine, and Sunburn.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Florida Politics reports political news with minimally loaded emotional language such as “As flu season approaches, the ‘Test and treat’ turf war rages on” and “Donald, and Melania Trump now registered Florida voters.” When it comes to sourcing, they utilize sources such as the factually mixed left-biased CNN and the left-biased mostly factual thedailybeast.com as well as credible sources such as justice.gov and the NY Times; however, some articles don’t link to sources at all, such as this “Marlon Hill, Kionne McGhee dominate funding race in Miami-Dade County Commission contest.”
Editorially, based on our review, they cover Republicans “Marco Rubio warns Antifa, ‘ethnic’ nationalists ‘not taking weekend off’ and Democrats ‘Kionne McGhee snags trio of labor endorsements in Miami-Dade Commission bid” in a favorable tone. Opinion pieces are clearly labeled as Email & Opinion that feature various writers from different political perspectives; however, none could be classified as far left or far right. Generally, the news is reported factually with a reasonable balance in opinions and story selection.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years. They are used as a source by fact-checkers on Florida politics.
Overall, we rate Florida Politics Least Biased based on balanced story selection and opinion pieces that cover both right-leaning and left-leaning perspectives. We also rate them High for factual due to proper sourcing and a clean fact-check record. (M. Huitsing 8/7/2020) Updated (06/14/2022)
Last Updated on June 14, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: End the Fedby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 25, 2022 at 10:30 am