These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Florida Politics Least Biased based on balanced story selection and opinion pieces that cover both right-leaning and left-leaning perspectives. We also rate them High for factual due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Florida Politics or Flapol is a news site that focuses extensively on covering Florida political news including “elections, government, policy, and lobbying in Florida.” Florida Politics is based in St. Petersburg, Florida. The publisher is Peter Schorsch, who is also the President of Extensive Enterprises.
Funded by / Ownership
Florida Politics is owned by Extensive Enterprises Media. The site does not reveal the final owner of Extensive Enterprise Media. Revenue is derived through an advertising model. Extensive Media also owns ContextFlorida.com, an opinion site, Saint Peters Blog, Influence magazine, and Sunburn.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Florida Politics reports political news with minimally loaded emotional language such as “As flu season approaches, the ‘Test and treat’ turf war rages on” and “Donald and Melania Trump now registered Florida voters.” When it comes to sourcing they utilize sources such as the factually mixed left-biased CNN, and the left-biased mostly factual thedailybeast.com as well as credible sources such as justice.gov, and the NY Times, however, some articles don’t link to sources at all such as this “Marlon Hill, Kionne McGhee dominate funding race in Miami-Dade County Commission contest”.
Editorially, based on our review they cover Republicans “Marco Rubio warns Antifa, ‘ethnic’ nationalists ‘not taking weekend off’ and Democrats ‘Kionne McGhee snags trio of labor endorsements in Miami-Dade Commission bid” in a favorable tone. Opinion pieces are clearly labeled as Email & Opinion that feature a variety of writers from different political perspectives, however, none could be classified as far left or far right. In general, the news is reported factually with a reasonable balance in opinions and story selection.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years. In fact, they are used as a source by fact-checkers on Florida politics.
Overall, we rate Florida Politics Least Biased based on balanced story selection and opinion pieces that cover both right-leaning and left-leaning perspectives. We also rate them High for factual due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 8/7/2020)
Last Updated on August 7, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds